Back pain is an unpleasant symptom of some diseases that appear as a result of too much muscle tissue and other causes. It develops when the structure of the spine, nerve tissue or skin changes. Painful sensations arise when several internal organs function. Depending on the location of the pain, it can be assumed which part of the body is damaged. If the symptoms have spread to both sides of the back area, there is a corresponding symptomology, you should contact a medical center. The doctor will make a diagnosis, determine the cause of the symptoms and relieve the pain.
Causes of back pain
About 80% of the population complains of back pain, this syndrome is more common during the course of the disease. The leading cause of back pain is spinal cord injury:
- osteomyelitis, characterized by damage to the bone marrow;
- malignant tumors, manifested in the form of pain in the lower back;
- intervertebral hernia;
- vertebral disc displacement;
- broken spine;
- osteochondrosis and spinal canal stenosis;
- chronic muscle pain;
- damage to cartilage tissue.
There are reasons these symptoms are not related to spinal disease.
- bleeding in the pelvic area;
- compression of nerve roots in chest, causing pain during inhalation;
- large number of blood cells in the retroperitoneal area;
- ulcerative focus, characterized by pain in the shoulder blades;
- renal system disorders;
- gastrointestinal tract disease causes one-sided pain;
- Gynecological diseases, pain is given to the lumbar muscles of the back;
- neoplasms in the lung area;
- infectious diseases of internal organs;
- heart and blood vessel disease;
- calculus formation in the renal system;
- inflammation of the joints;
- dysfunction of organs located in the abdominal area.
Types of back pain
Depending on the nature of the painful sensation, the cause of the pain is determined. There are several types of pain:
Shooting back pain
- pinches nerve processes, displacement of intervertebral discs;
- physical injury after a fall, requiring surgical intervention;
- diseases of internal organs;
- vertebral deformity.
Shooting acute pain requires medical treatment. You will not be able to determine the exact diagnosis.
Stabbing back pain
A painful sensation develops in the lumbar region. Causes of dagger pain:
- piriform muscle tissue spasm;
- third trimester gives birth;
- inflammatory process with hypothermia.
Pulls back pain
Developed in the lumbar region under the influence of the following factors:
- lumbar spine osteochondrosis;
- intense physical activity;
- remains in an uncomfortable position for a long time;
- old back injury.
Back pain after exercise
Developed in professional athletes, due to too much muscle tissue. If the spine hurts after exercise, you need to relax the body, relax the muscles.
To determine the localization of the lesion and determine the cause of the pain, the doctor
runs a series of diagnostic tests. Anamnesis is taken from the patient, the period of development of the painful sensation, its intensity is taken into account. Experts pounding in the back. Patients are assigned to donate blood and urine. You will need to undergo an x-ray, computed tomography, MRI. If necessary, contrast radiography is used. After getting the results, the doctor makes a treatment.
Typically, clinics use the following diagnostic methods:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Examination (comprehensive body examination)
- Computerized electroencephalography
- Computer spine topography
- Duplex Scan
- Ultrasound (ultrasound)
- CT (computed tomography)
Which doctor should be contacted
If you are worried about chronic pain, see an orthopedist - most likely due to a disease of the musculoskeletal system. If the pain is severe, in the form of lumbago, make an appointment with a neurologist.
Back Pain Treatment
If the sensation is severe, it is permissible to use a cold compress until the doctor arrives, to relieve the pain, it is permissible to take antispasmodic medication. The patient needs to rest. To cure the disease, he prescribes medications, physiotherapy procedures, manual therapy methods, massage procedures. If necessary, medical corsets are used, which reduce the load on the lumbar and spinal muscle tissues.
In severe cases and certain diseases, for example, with malignant neoplasms, surgical treatment methods are used.
In modern medical centers, the following methods are used to treat back pain:
- Manual therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Orthopedic Sol
- Ozone Therapy
- More about services
- SVF Joint Therapy
- Pediatric orthopedic clinical examination
If left untreated for conditions that cause back pain, some complications are possible:
- makes it difficult for patients to walk due to acute pain;
- dysfunction of the cardiovascular system, lungs, gastrointestinal tract organs;
- migraines develop, tinnitus and dizziness appear;
- interferes with organ function in the pelvic area;
- top and bottom paralysis is possible.
Back pain prevention
To avoid back pain, follow these guidelines:
- treats diseases of the kidney system in a timely manner, gastrointestinal tract, spine and lungs;
- avoid strenuous physical activity;
- controls posture position;
- sleeping with proper posture, bedding must be of high quality;
- avoid sudden back movements;
- undergo timely preventive examinations by a physician;
- weight control;
- quit drinking alcohol and smoking, taking drugs;
- eat a balanced diet;
- when working non-stop or spending time at the computer, do back exercises once in an hour;
- take a chondroprotectors course every 6 months.