The neck osteocondrose that is, the pathological changes in the tissues of the intervertebral disc, and the very bone. The results of the bond the soft tissue, the reduction of the effect of the depreciation of the vertebrae. It occurs to tighten the blood vessels, and nerve fibers, it reduces the mobility of the cervical spine.
The neck osteocondrose is one of the most dangerous locations in the degenerative disc disease, as the disease worsens, the blood supply to the brain.
That is very dangerous for the neck osteocondrose
The result is to upset the normal functioning of your cervical spine, decreases the mobility, which is a pain in the neck. The neck osteocondrose it may also be the reason for the impairment of the blood circulation in the brain, migraine headaches, heart rhythm disturbances, deterioration of eyesight, co-ordination and the development of intervertebral hernia is.
Osteocondrose and spondylosis in the cervical spine
The symptoms of degenerative cervical disc disease
The disease is characterized by a sharp pain in his neck, at the nape of the neck, the shoulders and the upper arm. The pain may be intensified during the movement of the head, or in certain positions. As a result the starting point of the pain syndrome and the inflammatory process that occurs in a tension muscles of the neck. The patient is often observed to headaches, diminished acuity of hearing and vision, dizziness, tinnitus, rapid changes in blood pressure, syncope condition. Symptoms of degenerative cervical disc disease may also be a violation of the sensitivity of the tips of the fingers of the hand.
The causes of degenerative cervical disc disease
The cause of the degenerative cervical disc disease is usually associated with the aging process of the body and changes related to age on the fabrics. However, the life-style and the factors that increase the risk of the onset of the disease. These include the following:
- low physical activity, sedentary work;
- excess weight and poor nutrition;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system: flat feet, rheumatism, scoliosis, disorders of the clutch;
- an injury to the neck or the nape of the neck.
In addition to this, the osteocondrose it can also be caused by other diseases of the spinal cord. The spinal column is a unit, and to deal with it in a complex. It is for this reason that the very first thing you should do when it is suspected that the osteocondrose a thorough examination of the vertebral column.
In the treatment of degenerative cervical disc disease
The treatment that is given after the survey. The doctor takes a history, and directs the patient to take. Most commonly, in mri scans. To figure out the exact cause of the disease should be treated.
In the acute time period the doctor prescribes pain-killers and anti-inflammatory properties. In the period of remission, treatment, physical therapy, massage, shock-wave-therapy, medical physical education. These methods are aimed at strengthening the muscular corset, and a relief of stress and prevention of the attacks of the disease.
In the prevention of degenerative cervical disc disease
- Go for regular examinations. The disease is easier to prevent than to cure. The annual exams to identify the disease at its early stages and to cure it, as long as it is not changed in phase.
- Pay attention to your posture. Keep your back flat, your shoulders — relaxed. If you want to work hard behind a computer or a desk, choose a chair that is comfortable and feels right, then do the exercise every one to one and a half hour's work.
- To keep an active life-style. More walking the walk, to be outdoors, to exercise, to be especially useful for the sport of swimming.
While you sleep, use a orthopedic pillow.